Tuesday, December 12, 2006


12 dEcember bAck to wOrk....

Daily Mockery

i'Ve been pushing myself to go out and get a haircut over the weekends....
iN the end, i chicken-ed out.....

gUess i was afraid that i'll end up with a coconut over my head....again......



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



wEekend + 2 dAys lEave = lAzy tUesday...



sO much could happen in 4 days.
i Had 2 days left in my annual leave, and considering the fact that no admin staff are permitted to apply for leave in the last 2 weeks of December due to the January intake, i took last Friday and yesterday off. wHich meant my weekend began early and i still had the chance to lie in bed till 10am even though it was Monday.


nEat huh!?


4 days seems like such a short time. bUt looking back, so much could happen in such a sort period of time....


fIrst of all, my 'holliday' didn't have a 'flowers and butterfly, bees and honey' begining to it..... i Was at an education roadshow until 7pm last Thursday. wHen we finally packed up everything to go home, it was almost 730pm, and i was sweaty, cold and my face was numb after all that smiling.....


aS glad as i was that the whole ordeal was over and a long holiday laid waiting, the drive home seemed as normal as any other drive home. hOw was i to know that....
uPon reaching my lorong, a 'Ninja Turtle' reversed and Rammed into my Nissan Sunny.... 1 Smashed head-light + a Dent in my head-light socket area.


lUckily the guy agreed to pay for all my repairs and introduced me to his mechanic...


mY car had to be sent into the shop for 2 days..... i Got my car back on Saturday though... tHink i'll post of pictures of the damage and repairs soon....


oN a lighter note, Rita and i decided to put together her old CPU with my old monitor to set-up another PC. nOw, initially we wanted to get a video output card for it so that we could watch Real Media Player files in my room. bUt doing so would mean....spending extra cash......cash which we don't have since we got our dream phone.....


sO i had the crazy idea of putting my old monitor (which had been taking up space and collecting dust in my brother's deserted room) and Rita's old Pentium 3 (which had been left untouched in a corner of my kitchen) to use. aT that point i wasn't even sure if the monitor could still run. aFter 1 format, 1 series of driver/program instalation and a trip to the nearby hardware store for am extension cord and some speakers, the system was ready. nExt came moving my PS games to make room for monitor..... i Think i'm still coughing out dust bunnies..... aFter extensive wiping and a battle alongside my trusty side-kick, the vacumn cleaner, the stage was set and the computer is now proudly sitting next to my tv. nOw i have a computer in my room..... gOsh i feel even more like an OTAKU than i did before.... yOu's think the same thing if you saw the picture i took of side of the wall in my room....


wHat else happened? wEll, just found out a friend of mine studying abroad had just broken-up with his girlfriend over the weekends. dOn't be too Sad, dude. bEtter days will come.


oH, the Weather was awesome, we had a storm almost every night. oNe night it almost seemed that we were about to hae a flood. wAter even over-flowed into the kitchen washroom from the drain in our yard.


wEll, guess good things must come to an end....sO ends my short holiday for the end of the year.....

No comments: